Skip to main content

#MintForUkraine

Ukraine’s sovereignty, democracy, land, people and culture have withstood a brutal attack from Russia in recent months, but now a new global coalition of AI artists, digital innovators, educators and advocates come together to present MINT FOR UKRAINE – a one-of-a-kind 1 million piece NFT collection generated by AI to preserve Ukrainian art and raise funds for aid and relief. The collection can be viewed at https://mintforukraine.org

“There is no nation without its culture. Now, with the help of AI and blockchain, we have a chance to ensure that pieces of Ukraine will forever remain in the history of the world. As we fight for the freedom of our country, join us in the fight for our culture and help Ukraine,” said Tymofiy Mylovanov, president of the Kyiv School of Economics, former minister of economic development, trade and agriculture of Ukraine and associate professor of economics at the University of Pittsburgh

A joint effort of four Ukrainian ministries (Digital Transformation, Culture, Health, Foreign Affairs), Kyiv School of Economics Foundation, Artificial Intelligent Mind Collective, Ukraine.ua, Reface, Polygon, Polygon Studios and OpenSea breaking all the rules of the typical NFT launch. The #MintForUkraine NFT collection is not only the largest art collection in history containing one million works of art, it can also be minted for free.

The collection is created by visionary artist Phil Bosua and artificial intelligence. “I think human/AI collaboration is the next big art movement. We now have a direct line from thought to expression and we can create as much art as we can imagine. When we connect these ideas with a crisis world culture, art has the ability to bring about change on a scale we have not yet imagined,” comments Phil.

This NFT collection is not just for crypto-communities; Because the attack on Ukraine affects us all, @MintForUkraine invites everyone to strike for free by easily creating a wallet and donating via their currency of choice or crypto. The website includes a practical guide for those new to the crypto or web3 space, drawing inspiration from the themes of the project to engage and involve anyone who wants to help Ukraine and protect and preserve its culture.

Additionally, for the first time, a partnership with the OpenSea NFT marketplace directs 100% of all resale value to relief efforts, making each NFT a perpetual fundraising vehicle for the relief effort.

Up to 10% of donations are intended to support Ukrainian culture (artists and cultural institutions), while the remaining 90% is dedicated to humanitarian support for Ukraine, through the network of charities. The aid includes the provision of medical kits, medical care and humanitarian support to Ukrainian citizens, grants for students, scientists and tech communities whose work has been disrupted by the invasion.

Later, the funds will be used for Ukraine’s recovery projects. As of April 18, the KSE institute estimates the value of damaged infrastructure at $85 billion. The Ukrainian government estimates that at least $600 billion will be needed to rebuild the country, including hundreds of schools, hospitals and thousands of residential buildings that have been destroyed.

“The enemy, devoured in his hysterical hatred against Ukraine, is trying to destroy everything. Our past, our present, our future. It is up to us to recover all these things,” – said Oleksandr Tkachenko, Minister of Culture and Information Policy of Ukraine.

Minting begins April 28 – join the cause via: https://mintforukraine.org

About the Kyiv School of Economics as a founding partner:
In a world of colliding economic, political, technological and natural forces, the Kyiv School of Economics is one of the strongest business education institutions in Ukraine. The Kyiv School of Economics helps lay the intellectual foundations for a strong and innovative Ukrainian economy, combining real-world practitioners, leading experts in business education, intellectual rigor and academic excellence.

About the team:
A team consists of rockstar artists, expert AI engineers, amazing blockchain developers and serial entrepreneurs preparing for a mission. Discover the whole team at https://mintforukraine.org/about

Currency for Ukraine

SOURCE Currency for Ukraine / PRNewswire